How to Guarantee You Backslide or to See Why You have Already Back-Slidden and are now Lukewarm and Fallen Away from Christ
- Refuse to put God first by seeking Him in daily prayer (preferably morning time – Psalms 5:3; 63:1; Matthew 6:6; Mark 1:35; Romans 12: 1 Thessalonians 5:17, etc.).
- Refuse to read and study God’s Word daily to nourish your spirit with His Word and thereby be invigorated by His very divine life (Proverbs 4:4, 21; Jeremiah 15:16; Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:15; 1 Peter 2:2; Revelation 1:3).
- Refuse to be a doer of God’s Word (Matthew 7:19-29; James 1:22; 1 John 2:3-6).
- Openly deny Christ by refusing to communicate the Gospel to others, thereby rejecting Christ (Mark 8:38; Luke 12:8-9; Philemon 1:6).
- Refuse to set your affection on things above and not on the things on this fleeting, sinful world system (Colossians 3:1-4).
- Refuse to die to self, take up the cross daily and follow Jesus (Luke 9:23-24).
- Love this world and the things in it (1 John 2:15-17).
- Refuse to engage in regular, vital fellowship with true New Testament, on-fire disciples of Jesus (Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 3:13; 10:24-25). Note: This has little or nothing to do with “going to church” or being a good church member.
- Refuse to hold His Word as the highest authority and rule to measure all doctrine and practices by (Psalms 119; John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:16).
- Refuse to learn and hold only to divine truth as clearly revealed in Holy Scripture and embrace the diabolical myth of “once saved, always saved” which will result in robbing all fear of God from your heart and life (Matthew 10:22; 24:13; Luke 8:13; Acts 14:22; Galatians 5:4; Colossians 1:23; Hebrews 3:6, 12-14; 10:26-39; 2 Peter 2:20-22; Revelation 2-3, etc.).
- Refuse to seek Jesus to be His disciple, His student, and discipline follower, finding your whole identity only in Him (1 Peter 2:2; Galatians 2:20).
- Make excuses for your sins instead of admitting, confessing, and repenting of them (Psalms 69:5; Proverbs 28:13; Hebrews 4:14-16; 1 John 1:3-2:2).
- Love yourself more than the LORD who commanded those who would know Him to “love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.” (Matthew 22:37)
- Refuse to “love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 22:38)
There is a battle raging over your eternal soul and God gives you the pivotal deciding vote. Lip service won’t cut it. You must repent, lay down your whole life, and seek the face of the LORD unrelentingly until you are with Him. Otherwise, you absolutely will fall away.
“Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.” Hosea 10:12
Fellowship with Other Disciples
An Essential Command!
Fellowshipping, the Bible way, with other believers is a divine command and not a suggestion. If you don’t obey God in fellowshipping with His true remnant, you will fall away just as sure as you are reading these words.
“But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.” Hebrew 3:13
When God is truly first in our lives, His body then becomes a very high priority and not an afterthought. To reject fellowship with His body is to reject Him.
“Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me … Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.” Matthew 25:40, 45
“And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25
It is guaranteed that you have already and are presently back-sliding if you do not do the simple things Jesus requires of you to experience an abiding relationship with Him. Be forewarned that if you do not literally and practically obey God by making Jesus Christ your very “first love” and priority, you are or will be “cast forth as a branch, … withered … cast … into the fire, and … burned.” (John 15:6; Revelation 2:4-5)
Hell awaits. By disobeying the LORD, you are saying to the very Judge of your eternal soul “God, I thank You for saving me but I just don’t want to be bothered with getting to know You because You are not important enough to me. I just want to miss hell, that’s why I am glad to be ‘saved’.”
Judgment Day is on the way and be sure that the following will be your fate as you have been forewarned by the Son of God:
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:21-23
“Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.” Matthew 25:41
Sign up here to begin receiving the Moments with My Master email sent out 2-3 times weekly to edify Christ’s saints.